This 3-day comprehensive training provides a unique approach to mediation by employing critical thinking and practical skill building. It’s a great opportunity for professionals and community members who want to resolve challenging situations within simple and complex relationships.
Who will benefit from this training?
The Comprehensive Mediation Skills Certificate is a prerequisite to qualify for the FMRC Roster. It is ideal for mediators, lawyers, social workers, teachers and anyone who wishes to become more proficient and confident in facilitating decisions in the workplace, home, and community.
LEARN USEFUL SKILLS FOR A BROAD RANGE OF SITUATIONS:
- Families-couples, relationships, adults, estrangement, children/teens
- Elder-caregiving, decision-making, estate, property, housing
- Neighbour-property lines, fences, parking, noise, shared driveways, renovation
- Individuals-interpersonal, friends
- Cultural-intracultural, intercultural
- Landlord/Tenant-rent payments, repairs, noise, eviction
- Sports-teammates, interpersonal, rules, behaviour
- Parent/Youth-school attendance, homework, home responsibilities, relationships
- Friends/ Roommates-space, home responsibilities, renovations
- Retail-purchases, returns, repairs
- Group-teams, decision-making, community
- Schools-behaviour, classmates, parents, teachers
March 24, 25 and 26
9am to 5:30pm
Durham College (Justice Wing)
Parking pass is offered for all three days.
Light fare will be offered throughout the day. A break for lunch will give registrants the opportunity to enjoy select local eateries
Please use the PayPal Payment gateway to pay using your credit card. You do not need a PayPal Account to so this.
This training is now sold out. To reserve a spot on the waiting list please email us.
Registrants canceling their registration on or before March 9, 2017 will receive a refund of the registration fee, less a $125 administrative fee.