FMRC is an inclusive, diversity-minded not-for-profit organization whose mandate is to:
- Provide families who are experiencing divorce, separation or other potentially difficult life transitions with free or affordable access to conflict resolution alternatives in their community.
- Establish a collaborative and ongoing link between families, dispute resolution professionals and community resources.
- Develop a culturally safe and inclusive environment and provide ongoing educational workshops aimed at promoting a greater understanding of family conflict, children’s best interests and alternatives to litigation.
- Empower families to amicably resolve disputes outside of Court and establish long-term coping skills.
Our Strategic Targets (2016 – 2018)
- Establish community-based family mediation as an essential community service – promoting and preserving the sense of fairness, dignity and equal access.
- Conduct screening for domestic violence and power imbalances to promote safety and fairness of mediation process and to screen out those cases that are not suitable for this process.
- Grow existing/Develop new programs, services, workshops, activities and newsletter to raise awareness and educate communities about family dispute resolution processes.
- Link clients with appropriate community resources and networks.
Identify and implement the required organizational structure and culture to achieve FMRC’s strategic priorities and mission.